Grapefruit/Orange Green SmoothieHealth Benefits of Grapefruits
- Weight Loss and/or Weight Management - Grapefruits have an element in them that helps block the absorption of carbs in your body. Your body will burn stored fat as fuel if there are no carbs present in your body.
- Grapefruits can fight off infection - grapefruits are full of flavonoids which help your body fight off infection and can even help your body stay safe from carcinogens that can cause cancer and other serious illnesses.
- Helps maintain eye sight - Pink and red grapefruits have large amounts of Beta Carotene, an element that is necessary in order to keep your eyes healthy and strong.
- Oranges are rich in fiber -The fibers in oranges are good for the digestive system and relieving constipation. Fibers also reduce cholesterol which is helpful in preventing atherosclerosis. Fibers are also good in keeping the bloodsugar levels in control.
- Great for Cardiovascular health - The high content of Vitamin C, flavonoids and phyto-nutrients in citrus fruits reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Oranges are great for our immune system.
- Oranges are rich in calcium which is great for our bones and teeth