Happy Passover and Happy Easter SundayHappy Easter Sunday! I made these RAW Chocolate Shortbread Bars using Laura-Jane's (The Rawtarian) recipe for Easter Sunday, but realized that I could have made these for Passover as well. They would be considered Kosher for Passover because there is no leavened bread used in this recipe. It is simply made with nuts, dates, unsweetened raw cocoa powder, coconut oil, and shredded raw coconut (the same ingredient that we make macaroons from). I must admit that I went I went off course during Passover and apparently did pay a price for that. I thought to myself that since I only eat RAW 80% -- the other 20% can be whatever I like! Well -- I was wrong! By Thursday of Passover week, I had a migraine that sent me home from work and kept me in bed until the following day! As I've always said -- "I am my own science experiment" and this was a great lesson to learn!! In a way, I'm glad it happened. It goes to show me that what I do and why I'm doing it is really the best lifestyle for me. It confirmed that certain foods do make me ill! Okay -- back to this wonderful, simple recipe! If you notice, I linked the recipe above so just click on Laura-Jane. It took me 15 minutes from start to finish once I assembled my ingredients. (Please note that I did not have alcohol-free Vanilla Extract so I used what I had). [caption id="attachment_1603" align="aligncenter" width="150"] RAW Ingredients for RAW Chocolate Shortbread Bars[/caption] Laura-Jane writes her recipes so simply and so easy to follow. On the right side of her recipes, highlighted in yellow, you will find a list of her ingredients! Then the body of the recipe are easy-to-use instructions. I basically just photographed (poorly) the steps I followed below! [gallery columns="5" ids="1604,1605,1606,1607,1608,1609,1610"] So, here's the thing. I got so excited making these shortbread cookies, that I almost forgot to take photos!!!! These photos represent the steps to make these shortbread bars. When you click on the The Rawtarian's actual recipe, you'll see that they somewhat correspond to Laura-Jane's directions! The one thing I FORGOT TO DO, however, was to take a photograph after the bars were frozen for one hour! That is why, as my finished product, you have a 1/2 eaten RAW Chocolate Shortbread Bar photo! We wanted to try it so badly that I forgot to take the photo! But you can see how creamy, luscious and delicious it is just by looking at it! If you do have all these ingredients at hand and 15 minutes to create something that's fun and delicious, I would recommend making these RAW Chocolate Shortbread Bars! Once you do, the only thing left to do is
Happy Passover and Happy Easter Everyone!!!!