Disclaimer – I COOK!!!
May the RAW Gods come and strike me down, but I admit it . . . I cook!! Not all the time, but I definitely know how to cook a meal, or bake a cake using “. . . FIRE“!!!!! And that’s okay! As a matter-of-fact, I’m actually outnumbered amongst my friends and family! I am the only one I know who eats an 80/20 RAW diet. Once again, it’s all good! I have a husband who eats everything . . . cooked or “uncooked”; one daughter who has been a strict vegetarian since 4th grade (she will only eat fish); and my other daughter who’s stomach cannot tolerate gluten, cashews or avocados. So I have a little bit of everything going on right under my own roof. It is my prerogative, however, to make the best decisions to make the best dishes I can make for those I adore!
I’ve often said from day 1 of my journey:
I am not here to convert you to become a RAW eater. It is merely my desire to help you create more tasty meals for ‘Meatless Monday’!
I LOVE finding products, staples, food items that help me make my life simpler. I have found that in a company called Truroots! Truroots philosophy is (and I’m copying it right off their page) that they provide Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project® Verified and gluten-free products. Choose from the Originals line of sprouted and unsprouted, and organic grains, beans and seeds, the Accents® line, which features a balanced blend of sprouted grains and legumes, delicious Ancient Grain Pastas and flavorful sprouted pilafs.
OMG – here is a company that provides dehydrated, sprouted ingredients for me to use without me doing all the work!!!!! I think I’m in love! I KNOW I’m in love!!!
I am not affiliated with Truroots in any way shape or form. I do not get compensated whether it be $$$ or product! I am strictly singing their praises and sharing some of their recipes! If you know anything about me – and you will now – is that I LOVE SHARING RECIPES!
So above you will see the most luscious photo of Coconut Curry and Peanut Lentil Soup! I have made this numerous times. It never disappoints. It’s delicious with exotic flavors of faraway places! And it’s easy to make! Below is their recipe.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or pure olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (32 oz.) package vegetable broth
- 1 (13.66 fl. oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Peanut Powder (my new favorite ingredient! I get it here)
- 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon brown cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or to taste, plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/3 cups truRoots® Accents® Organic Sprouted Lentil Trio
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic, gingerroot, curry powder and salt. Cook and stir until fragrant.
- BLEND in tomato paste, vegetable broth, coconut milk, peanut powder, sugar, lime juice and sriracha. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to gentle boil. Add lentils. Cook 13 to 15 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve with sriracha.
As an aside – I did not use sriracha in my recipe. I used regular hot sauce. You can even use red pepper flakes if you want.
Visit www.truroots.com. Check out their ingredients, but better yet – check out their recipes! Yum!!!!
Enjoy (Your Meatless Monday!)